Open in new window
Phelps Hall is located in-between the Campus Mall, Maxwell Hall and the Performing Arts Center. It is Winona State University's oldest building on campus, constructed in 1909. It originally housed the "Phelps Model School," at which area children took classes from WSU faculty and WSU education students who were preparing to become teachers.
The university's Mass Communication and Psychology departments fill most of the building. New additions to the building include a brand new Mass Communication studio with control room, television set, a “green wall” and photographic studio. A new multimedia lab features editing bays and a “creative corner.” The KQAL- FM (89.5) campus radio station is also located here.
The formal Garden in front of the building was created and donated by a loyal WSU alumnus in honor of one of his favorite professors.
For a complete campus map, visit: www.winona.edu/maps.asp
Not a member yet? Sign up