- Most Popular | Most Recent
Erected 1890/92, this gun battery protected New York Harbor. Two 12” guns were installed. The guns and the gun lifts were removed in 1906 when they were considered to be obsolete. During World War II, two radar towers were built on Potter's roof for use by the Harbor entrance command post. At the end of World War II...