Comments on Gigapan: Zoom Baby, Zoom

The Gigapanographer Currently Known as "Kilgore661" (November 24, 2010, 09:36AM )

I think I have to credit luck rather than judgement. I happened to choose a day where there were fluffy white clouds and very little wind. What amazes me is that this scene was taken with a cheap camera and if you compare it with the later version taken with a 7D I'm not sure there is a significant difference.

2. Qingling Zhang

Qingling Zhang (November 22, 2010, 07:16AM )

It's amazing to see how well the clouds were captured.

The Gigapanographer Currently Known as "Kilgore661" (November 12, 2008, 01:31AM )

In this country everyone remarks on how the weather is different these days. Generally speaking we get warmer winters and cooler summers. This year we had no summer at all and the last time I personally experienced any significant snow was in Leeds in the 1980s. I'd say there is no consensus on the causes. We have had a Labour government here for many years, but I suspect it is the fault of Mrs Thatcher!

David Engle (November 11, 2008, 12:56PM )

One year, back in the 80s, I remember very distinctly, that it snowed here in Houston five times and stayed on the ground for at least a few hours... now it only snows here, maybe once every five years or so. If I was a member of the Republican Party, I could blame this weather reversal on the Democrats, or if I were a Democrat, the Republican Party would then get the blame. Sadly, now we can say its everybody's problem on how we beat up on the environment with our pleasures of life. Is this the same way you see it happening in England?

The Gigapanographer Currently Known as "Kilgore661" (November 11, 2008, 12:33PM )

It *will* be interesting seeing as we haven't seen weather like that here for 20 years :-)

David Engle (November 11, 2008, 11:45AM )

It will be interesting to see this panorama during mid-winter with all the snow-capped roofs and the snow blowing in 20-30mph gusts and the temperature well-below freezing.