David Engle (November 04, 2010, 02:58AM )

Yes and no. There are at least 5 people in the parking lot; some walking toward the bus stations where there are two buses ready to start their trip (park-trans.rice.edu/campus.cfm&nbs p;Will
open in a new tab or window). From this vantage point (angle), all the populated walk areas and paths are obscured by building and trees.

The Gigapanographer Currently Known as "Kilgore661" (November 04, 2010, 02:37AM )

It occurs to me that in gigapans taken from high vantage points what you mostly see is roof-tops so you are unlikely to see people.

David Engle (November 03, 2010, 11:44AM )

The reason you can't see any people in this panorama may be due to the fact that everyone is in class or else they may be between classes and are concentrated in the Academic Quad as seen here: www.gigapan.org/gigapans/33041/ Please remember that Rice does not have a large student body.

Tom Nelson (November 03, 2010, 08:58AM )

I'm often struck in these sorts of large overviews how few people you can see. It's especially true in the USA where we seem to be either inside or in our cars.

David Engle (October 30, 2010, 12:22PM )

Again, thanks for the continuing compliments and of course, for all of the advice and support. I took another hand-held this past Saturday when I returned for my final shot in the knee, and while I was there I took a 3x4 with my new Nikon and was blown away by what I was seeing ... numerous clouds having many different tones (storm clouds) with astonishing light, however, the short time it took for me to take the 3x4, the light had changed dramatically as the clouds wiped out the sunlight. When I returned home, I saw that the photos were terrible in that there was so much glare from the office lights and was impossible to to go further with them.

The Gigapanographer Currently Known as "Kilgore661" (October 30, 2010, 06:49AM )

Wow - this is a spectactular view! If my doctor had an office with a viewpoint like this, I would ask him or her if there was any chance, any chance at all of coming in and trying to shoot this view with a gigapan imager or at least a tripod so I could get a multi-row pano. My persuation tactics would include and not be limited to bribery :-)