The Gigapanographer Currently Known as "Kilgore661" (July 15, 2010, 12:23AM )

You are really going to kick yourself if you don't solve the puzzle now Tom. Your observation that "7:36" is a time coupled with one of your other contributions is just *so* close it's not true. And on top of that I expect you have been using a search engine. Incredible!

Tom Nelson (July 14, 2010, 02:05PM )

First Corinthians 7:36: "If anyone thinks that he is not behaving properly toward his betrothed, if his passions are strong, and it has to be, let him do as he wishes: let them marry—it is no sin."

Tom Nelson (July 14, 2010, 02:00PM )

Could it be this easy? Was the pano taken at 7:36 in the evening?

David Engle (July 14, 2010, 10:01AM )

In one of the most favorite of all GigaPans that I have viewed, I really thought I found the bear (www.gigapan.org/gigapans/5178/snaps hots/18724/); Ron Schott thought he had found the bear (www.gigapan.org/gigapans/5178/snaps hots/18984/), but as it turned out, the bear was a bit more obvious. Although, I *think* I have solved the puzzle, I *believe* that the solution may be more obvious than what we have suggested so far.

The Gigapanographer Currently Known as "Kilgore661" (July 14, 2010, 09:57AM )

"Severn dirty slicks", ASCII codes and numerology ... ingenious but you are all far too clever for your own good. I imagine you are all tormented by this oh so simple puzzle. I'm not sure why I should put you out of your misery when I am having such a great time but I will draw your attention to some salient facts. First, Tom has more-or-less solved the puzzle already. Second, "7:36" is an instance of something very specific. Third, and I accept this is a very subtle clue, once you know the solution you will see why if I hadn't changed the title to use "Seven Thirty-Six" instead of "7:36" the puzzle would have been impossible to solve. Go to go now - my evil grin is so wide the top of my head is about to fall off.

Tom Nelson (July 14, 2010, 09:04AM )

Well done, David! Is he right, Kilgore?

David Engle (July 14, 2010, 08:03AM )

I win the prize .... it is named Seven Thirty-Six because it was taken with a 7D camera and is a 360-degree GigaPan ... is this the one that the prize is to stay in the 7-room Kilgore Castle for 360 days or maybe only 36 days? I'll take either :)

8. C Lloyd

C Lloyd (July 13, 2010, 06:35PM )

ASCII codes 7 and 36? Bell and a dollar sign.

David Engle (July 13, 2010, 06:06PM )

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Severn_Bridg e Will open in a new tab or window notates the height of the towers to be 136m ... woo hoo ...am I getting close?

Tom Nelson (July 13, 2010, 03:01PM )

I looked to see if the HTML specification for special characters included ˠ but did not find it. Perhaps it's something like that?

11. C Lloyd

C Lloyd (July 13, 2010, 01:32PM )

Not too keen on the strange colour effect, it goes a bit speckled. When you get close to things it looks trippy.

David Engle (July 10, 2010, 09:36AM )

Oh Sir! Bath is the world's center for Jacob's Ladder: tinyurl.com/BathAbbeyAngels < img src='/images/external_link.png' alt='Will open in a new tab or window' /> and one in Sidmouth too: www.gigapan.org/gigapans/32703/snap shots/98384/

The Gigapanographer Currently Known as "Kilgore661" (July 10, 2010, 07:52AM )

I was puzzled by the reference to a Jacob's Ladder because to me a "Jacob's Ladder" means one of two things, neither of which is a shaft of sunlight but now I know better: tinyurl.com/2uyskbx Will open in
a new tab or window . A clue? Certainly. I have changed the title so that "7:36" is now written in words. I wonder why? :-) Actually, there is another puzzle for you. This shot contains two fossil-hunters. Can you find them?

David Engle (July 10, 2010, 05:29AM )

I love the colors and especially the pink Jacob's Ladder. Can you give us some clue as to what the significance of 7:36 is?