Comments on Gigapan: Englishcombe

The Gigapanographer Currently Known as "Kilgore661" (May 31, 2010, 12:06AM )

I think you could be right. I only just realised that Englishcombe is in both gigapans and you can directly compare snapshots of the church: www.gigapan.org/gigapans/50420/snap shots/142779/ and www.gigapan.org/gigapans/9802/snaps hots/143857/As an aside It looks like I used different projections because the church looks shorter and fatter in one of the images.

David Engle (May 30, 2010, 10:41PM )

The combination of the 7D and a 200mm focal length would make the next version of Zoom Baby, Zoom much more detailed than the first one.

The Gigapanographer Currently Known as "Kilgore661" (May 30, 2010, 08:19PM )

That would be an interesting experiment because it's not clear to me that the combination of a 7D and a 200mm lens would make a bigger picture. This is because I've lost the original photos for Zoom Baby, Zoom so I don't know what zoom I used on the H7. What would be even more interesting would be if I could borrow the 600mm prime (www.gigapan.org/gigapans/50232/snap shots/142258/ ) and use that :-)

David Engle (May 30, 2010, 02:46PM )

Imagine for a moment, Zoom Baby, Zoom being seen only as a single paper print and being handled over 21,200 (5-30-2010) ... it would be a bit torn about the edges ... what I am saying is, since you know the hill so well and can probably locate the exact spot where you placed the tripod to take Zoom Baby, Zoom ... why not take a second version with the 7D and call the result, "For Old Times Sake?" ... or something similar.

The Gigapanographer Currently Known as "Kilgore661" (May 30, 2010, 12:21PM )

Sadly the view from the top of the hill is not a full 360ยบ because of trees and hedges. If somone would care to hire a cherry-picker for me then we should talk!

David Engle (May 29, 2010, 03:11PM )

Since this was taken at the same location as Zoom Baby, Zoom, my simple question: is there a clear 360 degree horizon, or close to it so that we may see this GigaPan blended in with a new version of Zoom Baby, Zoom taken with the 7D and at 200mm?

The Gigapanographer Currently Known as "Kilgore661" (May 26, 2010, 12:21AM )

No, the guys that do it are already in action just down the road - see tinyurl.com/2dvf7kg Will open in
a new tab or window . You really have to hand it to them for providing us with such great entertainment eg www.gigapan.org/gigapans/21467/

8. Richard Palmer

Richard Palmer (May 25, 2010, 10:25PM )

I guess it'll be a couple of months before the "crop circles" begin to appear. ;^)