Comments on Gigapan: St. Swithun's in Leonard Stanley

The Gigapanographer Currently Known as "Kilgore661" (August 01, 2009, 02:43PM )

I'm not sure it is surprising per se - there are after all any number of reasons for an email not being answered. But I certainly think the community at Leonard Stanley is missing out on an opportunity.

David Engle (July 20, 2009, 04:43PM )

It is amazing to me that the Vicar does not respond to your emails. To me, this church has become potentially famous due to your efforts. It is now up to the Vicar to make this a *Church*.

The Gigapanographer Currently Known as "Kilgore661" (November 02, 2008, 11:02PM )

It is a good plan and I have emailed the vicar to see if she is interested in doing something involving the local community. The graveyard in particular is well-tended and contains many interesting details like this: www.gigapan.org/viewGigapan.php?id= 3674&snapshot_id=32934.

David Engle (November 01, 2008, 02:50PM )

Good plan: take a 360 Gigapan and the graveyard and the old Saxon Church, which should really be a wonderful historical panorama for generations to see and enjoy.

The Gigapanographer Currently Known as "Kilgore661" (October 31, 2008, 07:52PM )

Thanks for bringing this earliest of my images to my attention. I really rather like it and am minded to go back and see what happens if I try to capture it again with all that I have learned in the past seven months.

David Engle (October 31, 2008, 04:57PM )

This church was constructed in 1129, replacing a Saxon church, which is still standing and is close by. The following link provides references to three historical books or documents pertaining to St. Swithun's; however, when searching Google Books, one can find references to the three, but not the actual sources: www.leonardstanley.org.uk/churchto ur/churchtour_24.htm Will open in
a new tab or windowGreat Gigapan! I found the Calf Head :)