1. Mike McCaffrey

Mike McCaffrey (November 15, 2008, 06:06AM )

I had the same problem trying to shoot a night scene with my G9. Finally I realized that it was the image stabilization that was messing things up. I shudder to think of at all the night shots I have taken over the past years that have unnecessarily ended up blurry.

2. Randy Sargent

Randy Sargent (February 28, 2008, 07:47AM )

We've found with other Canon cameras that you need to disable image stabilization when taking long exposures with the 2-second timer. It doesn't really make as much sense as I'd like, but our results show the image stabilization will tend to cause a vertical motion blur on most pictures in a column, and often a diagonal motion blur on the top picture in each column. It's as if the image stabilization was trying to compensate for recent gigapan motion and gets fooled when the gigapan brings the camera to a stop.

3. Ron Hipschman

Ron Hipschman (February 27, 2008, 12:00PM )

Reiterating and expanding, I used a Canon G9 at ASA 800, 1 second at f/4.8 (wide open), 2 second self timer delay and the Gigapan time-per-pic set to a generous 15 seconds. See my post on the forum: forum.gigapan.org/viewtopic.php?f=5 &t=22#p407

4. Aschwinn Smith

Aschwinn Smith (February 27, 2008, 11:25AM )

It's stil a great gigapan i enjoy exploring.

5. Tom Lauwers

Tom Lauwers (February 27, 2008, 10:08AM )

Sorry, saw your camera settings in the description - silly me. Still, did you use a timer at all?

6. Tom Lauwers

Tom Lauwers (February 27, 2008, 10:07AM )

What were your camera settings? I've used the gigapan at night a few times, and have slowly gotten better at it. If using the Canon 800 or similar point and shoot camera, make sure you set a timer to 2 (or preferably 5) seconds. You'll need to chance the Gigapan's time per pic setting in the options menu as well. That should give enough time for the vibrations from the gigapan movement and the camera button pusher to die down. Even so, it's a great shot, and much of downtown is quite clear!