1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Comments on Gigapan: Halema'uma'u plume

Gigapan Comments (2)

Toggle Minimize gigapan_comment
  1. Stoney Vintson

    Stoney Vintson (June 23, 2009, 02:24PM )

    You can correct for vignetting using several image editing software applications. If possible this works better with 16 bit TIFF images that have been output from camera RAW files. Though if you do not have the ability to use a camera RAW file you can still correct for the vignetting. If you own Photoshop CS3 or newer. Use the Adobe Bridge to select all of the photographs. 2. Tools -> Photoshop -> image processor 3. Check apply to all and select the folder to save the images in. 4. Then when the first photo opens in Photoshop CS3 use the filter -> distort -> lens correction and adjust the amount and radius to correct for the vignetting ( darkening towards the corners of the image ) 5. Click OK and the image processor will apply this change to all of the images that you selected using the Adobe Bridge and save them in the folder that you selected. If you do not own Photoshop CS3 you can use other programs such as the freely available panotools program Fulla to do vignetting correction on a series of photographs. wiki.panotools.org/Fulla Will open in
a new tab or window

  2. Tom Nelson

    Tom Nelson (June 19, 2009, 08:40PM )

    Bob, A correction will require some sort of image editing software. You can do it in Photoshop Elements, but it will require you to do every image separately. Full Photoshop allows you to batch-process images. Let me know what software you have and I'll see if I can put together a tutorial. Tom