David Engle (July 06, 2010, 04:55PM )

I told them that I would be taking photos and for them to be sure and hit the ball at the same moment that I clicked the shutter ... now that would be *amazing* if it had happened that way :)

Tom Nelson (July 06, 2010, 11:48AM )

Amazing sequence, David -- well done!

The Gigapanographer Currently Known as "Kilgore661" (March 09, 2009, 12:58PM )

When is a gigapan not a gigapan? That is the question :-) Personally I don't like people uploading fractals or other non-photographic images, but that's only my opinion. My understanding is that there are no limits on what can be uploaded (decency and the law permitting) and I think that is absolutely right. Gigapanography is new and it is entirely appropriate that people experiment. In any case, what David has done is to create a diverting image that celebrates his culture, and given that the sharing of culture is what gigapan.org is all about, in fact I'd say this is an extremely good gigapan. To imply David is so shallow that he simply wants to get his photos on gigapan.org is out of order. If you check his home page you will see that he is one of the most prolific contributors and completely 'on message'.

4. Graham Toal

Graham Toal (March 09, 2009, 11:19AM )

Nice pictures but I don't think that lining up half a dozen normal images side by side really counts as a gigapan, does it, other than for getting past the minimum image size filter on uploads..?

David Engle (March 09, 2009, 11:00AM )

I don't understand your game of Cricket either, but I would think that both have the same goal in mind... to smash the ball over the fence. In the final frame, the batter does smash the ball, but not over the fence. I would think, by the looks of things, that the baseball may be retired to another level of participation. I have been taking photos like this for 5 years with some success, but none like this final shot.

The Gigapanographer Currently Known as "Kilgore661" (March 09, 2009, 10:49AM )

I don't know how baseball is played so I don't really understand what I am seeing in this sequence, but it is a fun gigapan. We should see more of this sort of thing!