1. rose

rose (January 14, 2009, 10:43AM )

Nice shot! Thank goodness your camera lets you take all these shots without freezing on you. Nikon should fund you, call it a extreme environment testing grant! Ethan and I read though all those snapshots and feel we feel like we could converse intelligently about this scene now. We are happy you are happy and having fun being so cold!!!

The Gigapanographer Currently Known as "Kilgore661" (January 01, 2009, 11:55AM )

Wow, Snapshot City! Now this is a very educational image.

David Engle (January 01, 2009, 06:30AM )

Ella, This is stunning and is so unique especially about the Google Earth presentation. I would hope that during all these cold sunny nights you are suffering through that you would be able to go back and geocode the others. I now see that you have... thanks :) Again, your GigaPans are among my favorites of all time as you may see from this thread: forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.as p?forum=1038&message=30225606 Will open in
a new tab or windowNote: Sometimes I generate mis-spelled words and they are there only for the enjoyment of my friends. David

4. Payam Rahmani

Payam Rahmani (January 01, 2009, 05:32AM )

Fantastic shot, so many details!

The Gigapanographer Currently Known as "Kilgore661" (December 29, 2008, 09:34AM )

Excellent, thanks. It's not that I don't know how to find the South Pole on a map (although gigapan.org's mini-map seems to have a problem with this ;-), but when images have a wide field of view like this one, I think they look much better in Google Earth's with its 'curved-screen' view.

6. Ella Derbyshire

Ella Derbyshire (December 29, 2008, 08:48AM )

I've geocoded. Please remember that at the South Pole longitude is a bit of a problem. This image was photographed facing "grid west", which is toward South America. Thanks for looking at the panorama.

The Gigapanographer Currently Known as "Kilgore661" (December 28, 2008, 11:58AM )

Geocode please!