Comments on Gigapan: Arnsberg Altstadt 360 degrees

1. Peter

Peter (January 18, 2009, 06:37AM )

Thank you. i had forgotten to save the new parameters.

The Gigapanographer Currently Known as "Kilgore661" (January 18, 2009, 06:16AM )

I think there is a misunderstanding here? I would say that the geocoding is not "ok" for the reason that the image's location is correct, its field of view is not set correctly. This means that if you look at the image in Google Earth you see the image as a small arc (only 74º wide) which is not correct as it is a 360. If you click on " Place this Panorama in Google Earth" again and enter "360" for the field of view, then you will find that in Google Earth the image is a full circle and looks much better (in my opinion!). I hope this is of interest and/or helpful :-)

3. Peter

Peter (January 18, 2009, 05:28AM )

The geocoding is ok. 360 degrees I have no idea.

The Gigapanographer Currently Known as "Kilgore661" (January 18, 2009, 04:53AM )

Ah, I know the answer to that one. The gigapan.org system only picks up the right field of view if you stitch and upload using their software. If you use anything else (and I also use APP) then it generally says "Field of View: Unknown" so in fact what I don't know is why it says "74 degrees" for yours. I can only think that you typed this number in somewhere, or, more likely, when you geocoded it, the geocoding software guessed that it was 74º. If you go back into the geocoding dialog, you can manually tell it that the FoV is 360º and then it will look right in GE.

5. Peter

Peter (January 18, 2009, 02:17AM )

Yes, you are right. It is 360 degrees wide but stitched with Autopano Pro I don`t know why it indicate 74 degrees

The Gigapanographer Currently Known as "Kilgore661" (January 18, 2009, 02:09AM )

Is this really only 74 degrees wide? It looks close to 360 to me.