1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Forum

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » Digital Cameras on Gigapan » gigapan pro with sony A-7

gigapan pro with sony A-7
Ray Broomall Ray Broomall
Total Posts: 1

When will Epic Pro be compatible with Sony’s A7r

MICHAEL HALBERSTADT MICHAEL HALBERS...

I’d like to know as well. I bought the Gigapan Epic Pro when I used Canon. I just assumed that all the cables that came with it would work on Sony. Unfortunately as best as I can tell it doesn’t work with my (new) A7R.

Ashu Malik Ashu Malik
Total Posts: 2

Even I am waiting for the compatibility of Ar7 with Epic pro
Meanwhile I have something to show you up guys
http://www.getappsonpc.com/tinder-for-pc-download/

Paul Emmert Paul Emmert
Total Posts: 2

Can anyone say for sure that the EpicPro won’t work with the Sony A7? I thought I had the right cable (a special cable that does work with other other hardware.) I can’t get a response from the Gigapan, so it looks like my fall back will be my Canon 7D.

Thoughts anyone?

Mosley Hardy Mosley Hardy
Total Posts: 11

with a bit of basic electronics knowledge and the info here:

http://www.doc-diy.net/photo/remote_pinout/#sony

it should be possible to buy a cheap wired release on ebay (for the multiconnector) and make a pigtail to convert one of the existing EPIC Pro cables to Sony.

I have an RX100 with the same connector and am planning to create a cable for it and the EPIC 100. As I’ll be dissecting a cable release for that project, I’ve ordered the extra parts to try it out on the EPIC Pro as a pigtail attached to a Canon cable. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

Harry Swan Harry Swan

Add my vote for a Sony A7 to Epic Pro connection! Please!!! New a7R II means my Nikon bodies can stay home.

I believe I have the Sony multi connector trigger for EPIC Pro solved. I’ve also worked it out for the EPIC 100, which was the original objective. If there’s anyone out there that hasn’t given up on this forum and is interested in either of those solutions, I’ll put together a write up.

Forums» Digital Cameras on Gigapan » gigapan pro with sony A-7