1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » Digital Cameras on Gigapan » gigapan pro with sony A-7

gigapan pro with sony A-7
Ray Broomall Ray Broomall
Total Posts: 1

When will Epic Pro be compatible with Sony’s A7r

I’d like to know as well. I bought the Gigapan Epic Pro when I used Canon. I just assumed that all the cables that came with it would work on Sony. Unfortunately as best as I can tell it doesn’t work with my (new) A7R.

Ashu Malik Ashu Malik
Total Posts: 2

Even I am waiting for the compatibility of Ar7 with Epic pro
Meanwhile I have something to show you up guys

Paul Emmert Paul Emmert
Total Posts: 2

Can anyone say for sure that the EpicPro won’t work with the Sony A7? I thought I had the right cable (a special cable that does work with other other hardware.) I can’t get a response from the Gigapan, so it looks like my fall back will be my Canon 7D.

Thoughts anyone?

Mosley Hardy Mosley Hardy
Total Posts: 13

with a bit of basic electronics knowledge and the info here:

it should be possible to buy a cheap wired release on ebay (for the multiconnector) and make a pigtail to convert one of the existing EPIC Pro cables to Sony.

BIll White BIll White

I also want a cord for a7r2,
I get by at the moment using a wired remote and press the button when the pro stops moving before it moves to the next image place.

Mosley Hardy Mosley Hardy
Total Posts: 13

I have worked through all of the associated problems (including parts sourcing) and am very happy to report that I can make Sony Multiconnector EPIC Pro cables in quantity. PM me on Facebook if you need one.

Forums» Digital Cameras on Gigapan » gigapan pro with sony A-7