1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Forum

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » Web Site and Forum » comments on new website

comments on new website
Joel  Baldwin Joel Baldwin
Total Posts: 3

Comments and suggestions from what I’ve observed so far.

• No way to change # of Gigapans displayed per page
• When I change the pull-downs Category, “Sort by”, or “Uploaded since” it doesn’t update the screen until I hit enter in the “Search these results” box. You need something like a GO box.
* BIG BUG * When you’re viewing using the “Most Recent” sort order, the sort order seems to be when the upload of the Gigapan was STARTED instead of when the upload was FINISHED. This means that for large loads , i.e. those that take days, they’re not even listed until they’re already pages back in the list. This means they’re unlikely to ever be found by people!
* BIG BUG * You’re truncating the descriptions of the Gigapans. You need to add a clickable “More . . .” link that’ll expand the FULL description.
• Make it easier for me to add my own Gigapans to My Galleries! Add the “My Galleries” link that brings down the “Add to Gallery” feature to each of the Gigapans on the “My Gigapans” page. That way I don’t have to go into each and every one of my Gigapans to add them to My Galleries.
• I don’t know what these heart, lasso, and camera icons mean under the Gigapans. You should have an alias on those images so that when I roll the mouse over them something tells me what they and the number by them mean.
• Why is there such a big patch of blank screen at the bottom of the Gigapan list pages? When I scroll all the way down to the Next button the page is empty!
• Why does the photo for Galleries have to be something you upload? Why couldn’t it be one of the selected snapshots for one of the Gigapans that is IN the gallery?

You seem to have started from scratch and not used any of the ideas from the very mature and well thought out previous web design.

Good start, keep up the good work!
:)

Angelko Krstanovic Angelko Krstano...
Total Posts: 103

Joel, thanks for putting the time in to record your observations!

Phil Hotten Phil Hotten
Total Posts: 21

While I have been a bit vocal about what I do not like about this new site…….

The new full screen viewer ROCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil Hotten Phil Hotten
Total Posts: 21

I do not know what you guys did but it is awesome

Tim Brown Tim Brown
Total Posts: 54

I would add that the sort tools are broken. If I view all my gigapans, it auto-sorts by most viewed and there is no way to fix sort by say “most recent”

Although note to readers, this url works to sort your gigapans by most recent (replace the “timescience” text with your user id in both locations in the URL):
http://gigapan.org/users/TimeScience/gigapans?u…

Tim Brown Tim Brown
Total Posts: 54

Angelko, Is there a preferred place where we can list website bugs and feature requests? Should someone make a sticky post or should we just put them here?

Thanks

Angelko Krstanovic Angelko Krstano...
Total Posts: 103

Tim, for the time being any thread inside ‘Website and Forum’ is appropriate for bugs and comments.

The sticky feature in the forums is not included in this particular version, however adding this and other forum features is on our list.

Forums» Web Site and Forum » comments on new website