1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Forum

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » General Gigapanning » Multiband or Linear in Autopano Giga 3

Multiband or Linear in Autopano Giga 3
Alan_Whyte Alan_Whyte
Total Posts: 10

Can anyone tell me the advantages that might be gained in using linear blending as opposed to multiband blending when outputting a file in autopano giga 3. I thought that by changing the way I shot a pano I would get more consistent results, I moved from column down to row down hoping the skies would come out more uniform but am getting the stripes down the picture, overlap is set to 35 percent and have tried various focal lengths but it seems more obvious with longer focal lengths. Have tried the plugin in autopano that is for vingetting and chromatic aberration but it does not make any difference, at the moment I feel that this is all trial and error but when I do get it right the next one always seems to be wrong even if I have done exactly the same thing.

Any help would be much appreciated as I do want to improve and get these as good as I can.

Also noticed for anyone that’s having this problem , when you have Liveview on all your shots are doubled up so a pano having 50 shots would give you a hundred.

Forums» General Gigapanning » Multiband or Linear in Autopano Giga 3