|How to embed your viewer on your Zenfolio page|
Posted: Nov 20, 2012Total Posts: 1
1. Once you have uploaded your gigapan(s) to GigaPan.com, on the detail page you will see under your image a link that say embed. When you click that a window will open with an iframe code that you copy and paste
2. Go to your Zenfolio account page in edit mode
3. On the left side, there are four tabs:
4.Click on the Website pages, then click the Custom Pages link
5. Once on the Custom Pages, click Create New
6. This will open up the Edit Custom Page section, where you can title the page, add META Descriptions and embed the code you copied in Step 1.
7. We recommend that you Save and Preview the first time to make sure you did it correct.
Posted: Dec 12, 2012Total Posts: 29
I have added a few gigapans with this method, and if you modify the code you can expand the box that the viewer is in to be a certain percentage of the page width.
One problem is that the embedded viewer is not an “image” to Zenfolio; you can’t create a gallery of your gigapans because they are just embedded objects. You can add them as dropdown menu links on your main page, but if you have 30+ gigapans then you have 30+ drop down items, too many on a single list.
I might try creating small thumbnails of each gigapan, and putting the thumbnails on a custom page like thumbnail gallery. These could be grouped by category. The thumbnails would link to the actual embedded gigapan page, and the end result is a menu that goes like this:
Correct me if any of this is wrong, but I think to have an intuitive browsing experience on Zenfolio it will take some additional custom work.