1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Forum

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » General Gigapanning » Simple question

Simple question
MediaPila MediaPila
Total Posts: 30

I have a simple question:

Why if i pay for one GigaPan Epic Pro and i want to upload my work yo MY server there isnt any information??

Why i need to upload my work yo the servers of gigapan? I dont want to give free publitity of Gigapan in my work!

How can i do to upload my work to my server in SWF format whitout the logo of GIGAPAN?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english

Ron Schott Ron Schott
Total Posts: 90

Although the GigaPan.com viewer currently utilizes Flash, the GigaPan files hosted on their servers are image pyramids, not SWF files.

To duplicate the functionality of GigaPan.com on your own server you’d need to host your own image pyramids and build your own image pyramid viewer. Nobody is preventing you from doing that.

MediaPila MediaPila
Total Posts: 30

Ron, thanks for the information! I dont know this.

I have my own hosting accounts, where can i start?

Thanks for all!

Tim Brown Tim Brown
Total Posts: 54

You can use the openzoom.org sdk to write your own software to view gigapans. We did this for the timelapse panorama system we built since we needed to be able to view time-series panoramas and collect data from them. We built our own capture hardware but we use the gigapan stitcher to stitch the images (since it can be automated) and then we wrote our own browser for viewing them. the openzoom tools let you write a player that can navigate the gigapan folder structure.

See for example the players here: http://gigavision.org

Forums» General Gigapanning » Simple question