1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Forum

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » General Gigapanning » NEW TO GIGAPAN

NEW TO GIGAPAN
PalinImages PalinImages
Total Posts: 1

Hi Everyone, firstly I absolutely love a lot of the images being shown on the site. I’ve not actually got my gigapan yet but I’m looking at ordering the pro. I would appreciate any tips, I use a 5d with various lenses.
Do you think that if I ordered my Gigapan from this site, I live in the UK, that I would have any problems with using the system in the UK? I know I sound stupid so please excuse me for this. It’s a lot of money and I want to get it right.

Thanks for some cracking shots!

Trevor

Leonie Holmes Leonie Holmes

Hi Trevor, I just got my gigapan pro and so far just experimented in the kitchen with a long snapshot. I am going to go out and photograph the Bay which is just beyond my garden. I’m not sure what I’m doing yet so will probably make a few mistakes before getting it right. The kitchen shot looks ok but the overlaps aren’t too good. My mistakes not the gigapan. I will upload some images next week when I, hopefully, get the hang of it. Good luck, Trevor and yes, I would recommend buying one. The images I’ve seen by other people are spectacular. I am using a Nikon D700.
Leonie (Canada)

Tim Brown Tim Brown
Total Posts: 54

You’ll need a plug adapter for the charger but it is listed to take 220v. Can’t think of anything else that would be an issue in the uk.

geoparadigm geoparadigm

Hi Everyone,

So excited to get started with Gigapan. I have an EOS t2i and a 100 setup and I am looking at buying a memory card for the camera. Any suggestions?

Alex

Mosley Hardy Mosley Hardy
Total Posts: 138

At least Class 6, a reputable brand like SanDisk, and as large as you can afford.

Forums» General Gigapanning » NEW TO GIGAPAN