1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Forum

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » General Gigapanning » examples of gigapans with Mercator projections

examples of gigapans with Mercator projections
Paul Heckbert Paul Heckbert
Total Posts: 32

Does anyone have good examples of images stitched with Mercator projection they can share?

I’m writing a manual for Stitch, and it would help to have a pair of public gigapans, one stitched with standard spherical projection, and the other stitched with Mercator projection, for comparison.

I’m familiar with the mathematical difference; I’m looking for a nice visual example.

Rather than create these myself, I thought I’d reach out to all of the users.

-Paul
GigaPan Stitch Guy

Mosley Hardy Mosley Hardy
Total Posts: 138

I tend to stitch most all of mine with Mercator because I often print them. Here’s one of many that I’m almost sure was stitched in that way: http://gigapan.com/gigapans/21542

or are you looking for one gigapan stitched both ways?

Paul Heckbert Paul Heckbert
Total Posts: 32

Mosley: sorry; slow to respond … yes, I’d like to find a nice pair, one stitched normally (spherical / equirectangular projection) and one stitched with Mercator projection. thanks

bkaylor bkaylor
Total Posts: 29

Hi Paul, if you haven’t found your examples yet, I can go back and try to stitch the same photos with the two projections you want, I’ll post back if I get something uploaded.

Forums» General Gigapanning » examples of gigapans with Mercator projections