1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Forum

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » General Gigapanning » bending on sky

bending on sky
Pawel Gaul Pawel Gaul
Total Posts: 4

Hi there, I just uploaded a panoramic shot of NYC (my first one on here). The problem I have is that no matter what I do or rather what option I use I can’t get rid of the bending on the sky. Many will say that is not bad , sure I can leave with it but I sell my images on a macro stock website and I know that the picture is gonna be rejected because of the bending. So far, I’ve used GigaPan Stitch with "use large blending region option. I used AutoPano giga 2.6, too. I get this weird bending only in pictures I took by day, the night shots are ok. Any suggestions ?

Pawel Gaul Pawel Gaul

I forgot to leave the link to the image :)

http://gigapan.org/gigapans/98899

David Pivin David Pivin
Total Posts: 40

Pawel,

This is really quite good. No vignetting, the slight bending at the ends is the scalloping of the edges due to the slight barrel correction applied to each picture by Stitch. If you follow the top edge you can see that you don’t get the drop-off like the ends because of the overlap. On the sides, there is a curve caused by the fact that your flat view on the screen is distorted since the actual stitched pano is spherical. Autopano allows you to choose cylindrical that would remove that, but it really isn’t needed if you crop the final photo. If you are going to post this as a stock photo a simple crop will remove all of it. GigaPan Stitch does not do cropping of the final result unlike some of the others so that will have to be done in PS or other editing tool after exporting.

Dave

Pawel Gaul Pawel Gaul

awesome, thanks David i will try to do that.

Uri Fans Uri Fans
Total Posts: 21

Thanks for clarifying David; I was confused about what Pawel was referring to. So it’s the natural pincushioning of the ends of the shot that bother him. In that case, absolutely, just crop it off. And, Pawel, now that you know it’s there, make your next panos a bit wider than you need so you have more room to crop.

Charles Davis Charles Davis
Total Posts: 15

Alternately, just clone in some more sky in the upper corners w/ PS.

Forums» General Gigapanning » bending on sky